VIAMICHELIN REST API
Reverse geocoding is the opposite of the geocoding function: converting geographic coordinates into a recognisable address and returning the road segment or nearest place from WGS84 coordinates specified as parameters.
Reverse geocoding of an address = charged request (whetever the number of results)
|1.0||Added to REST API|
|center||yes||float:float||Search center as longitude;latitude in decimal degrees||N/A|
|authkey||yes||string||Authentication key. This could be a JS key, a token generated by the token function, or the client's id if request is signed (see signature parameter).||N/A|
|signature||no||string||Request signed with the HMAC-SHA1 method where client's password is the secret key. If request signed, authKey must be valued with client's id, and expires must also be valued. URL strings must be URL-encoded before signing.||empty|
|expires||no except if signature valued||date||Expiration GMT date in yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSS`'Z format.||vide|
|callback||yes if json||string||Callback function name (applied only if output is json)||empty|
|charset||no||string||Response encoding charset||'ISO-8859-1'|
|ie||no||string||Request encoding charset||'ISO-8859-1'|
- Spatial search radius cannot exceed 75km. If no address can be found within this radius, the geocoder returns an empty response.
- geocoder maximal accuracy is street name (no street number).
- Geocoding accuracy is dependant on geographic coverage that change from one country to another one. ViaMichelin improves continuously this coverage.
- Number of results cannot exceed 50.
- returned locid have no meaning outside ViaMichelin services. They are not portable among other geodata suppliers. They should not be considered sustainable over time.
Please note that unexplained data fields are intended for internal ViaMichelin use only. These can change at any moment and should not be considered for use. Their existence highlights the fact that ViaMichelin uses the same services and technical infrastructure internally as its business clients.