Terms of service
Michelin Travel Partner
Share capital: 11 629 590€
Nanterre Trade and Companies
Registration N°: 433 677 721
Registered office: 27 cours de l'Ile Seguin, 92 100 Boulogne-Billancourt
Tel : +33 1 55 19 57 00
Publication Director: Alain Cuq
This website was created by Periscope Creations, public limited company with capital of 500.000 € with headquarters in Clermont-ferrand (63100) – 8, rue Georges Besse, and registered with the Clermont-Ferrand registre du Commerce et des Sociétés (Clermont-Ferrand Trade Register) with trade registration number B 422 233 650.
Public limited company with authorized capital of 20,000 €
Headquarters:8 Rue Georges besse - 63000 Clermont-Ferrand,
Clermont-Ferrand Trade and Companies Registration N°: B 451 899 140.
General terms and condistions of use
The user must agree to accept, without reservation, these general terms and conditions of use simply by logging on to the Site.
In addition, the use of certain Services must require the user’s acceptance for specific conditions or respect for the charter of use available on the pages dedicated to these services. Unless otherwise stated, these rules apply simultaneously with the general terms and conditions of use.
3. Authorized use
3.1 Personal and non commercial use
All services available provided on the Site content published therein may only be used for private and non-commercial use. Collective and/or commercial use is prohibited.
The user is authorised to create :
- One or more simple link(s) directed towards the Site's homepage;
- One or more simple link(s) directed to the home page of the Site's various sections;
In any event, ViaMichelin reserves the right to withdraw this authorisation at any time if it appears that any link established with the Site may be detrimental to its interests.
Under no circumstances does the existence of a hyperlink from a third party site to the Site imply cooperation between ViaMichelin and the said third party website.
ViaMichelin has no control over third party websites and accepts no liability for the content, products, services, information, materials and software of any third-party websites containing a hyperlink to the Site.
3.3 Use provided for by law
The user is legally authorised to make brief quotes, analyses and reproductions for press reviews as well as for other purposes expressly authorised by law, within the limits and under the conditions stipulated by law and subject inter alia to stating the name of the authors and the source of publication.
4. Prohibited use
Unless expressly authorised in advance by ViaMichelin, any reproduction, representation and use other than those stated above is prohibited, in particular:
- any adaptation, provision to the public (solicited or otherwise), distribution, retransmission in any form whatsoever, networking, public communication of all or part of the Services, and of all works, services, trademarks and all copyrighted material or that may be protected by intellectual property law reproduced on the Website;
- any extraction or reuse, including for private purposes, of a substantial part of the content of the databases created by the Website;
- any link, access, modification, addition, deletion which relates to the automatic processing system for online publication and alters publication conditions or editorial policy.
Any user acting in breach of these general terms and conditions of use is liable to civil or criminal prosecution to combat infringement of copyright, the breach of connected rights and the breach of the rights of producers of databases and automatic data processing systems.
The user is reminded that, under the French Criminal Code (article 323-1 et seq.), the following offences are subject to penalties of imprisonment of up to five years and a fine of EUR 75,000:
- accessing and fraudulently remaining in an automatic data processing system,
- deleting, modifying or fraudulently adding data to said system,
- blocking said system.
Criminal proceedings may be initiated by ViaMichelin against any user who fails to comply with these provisions.
Unless expressly authorised in advance by ViaMichelin, the following are not permitted:
- any inline link enabling an internet user to automatically display content from the Website in a specific location;
- any framing link enabling a Website page to appear in a frame inside the Website page visited by an internet user;
- any link from sites that offend against public decency or are violent, pornographic or paedophiliac, may infringe human dignity or are intended to display or sell prohibited or illegal items, substance and/or works, etc.
5. Intellectual property rights and trademark protection
The Services and the content thereof (in particular data, databases, software, API, photos, videos, audio tapes, information, illustrations, logos, trademarks, etc.) which appear or are available on the Website are protected under copyright, trademark rights, patent rights, database producer rights or any other rights recognised by current legislation. All copying, reproduction, representation, adaptation, adulteration, modification, distribution of the Website Services and/or content, in whole or in part, whether the content belongs to ViaMichelin, a third party or a user, is illegal except for a single copy, on a single computer and restricted to the exclusively private use of the copier.
ViaMichelin cannot be held liable for indirect, incidental or secondary damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, caused to the user, including (the following list is for information purposes only and not exhaustive) loss of earnings or profit, data loss, hardware loss, including recovery costs, reproduction or repair of such loss, resulting from the use of and/or inability to use ViaMichelin Services. ViaMichelin may also not be held liable for investment orders or decisions based on information contained in the Website or accessible through the Website.
Moreover, the user’s attention is drawn to the Internet’s inherent risks, particularly:
- lack of security in data transmission;
- lack of guaranteed continuity in unsecured access to the Site or the various services offered by the Site.
Under no circumstances can ViaMichelin be held liable for such risks and their harmful consequences, whatever the extent, for the user.
It is the responsibility of each user to take all appropriate measures to protect their personal data, software and hardware from contamination by viruses or other forms of attack which may be circulating through the Site or the information published.
The user may not take advantage of any problem in accessing the Site in order to access information in a way that breaches these general terms and conditions of use.
7. Personal data
All personal data gathered during the use of the Services is processed in accordance with the principles of personal data protection. These principles are outlined in the ViaMichelin personal data protection charter. This charter explains the procedures used by ViaMichelin to process and protect the personal information of users of the Services.
8. Service Client
For further information and questions relating to use of the Site, the ViaMichelin Customer Service team can be contacted by clicking on « Contact us » or by calling 0870 735 03 60.
9. Changes to general terms and conditions and specific conditions of use
ViaMichelin may, at any time, amend these general terms and conditions of use and the special terms and conditions. Such amendments are binding to the user as soon as they go online. Accordingly, the user is advised to regularly consult the general terms and conditions of use and the special terms and conditions of use to ensure awareness of any such new terms and conditions.
10. Governing law and jurisdiction
Any failure by the user, regardless of their location, to comply with any of the provisions of these general terms and conditions of use and, in general, any problem concerning their execution, interpretation or validity shall be subject to French law and the courts of Nanterre, France.
For more information, contact-us !